Firefighters save resident from Bronx apartment building blaze

Firefighters rescued a resident who was critically injured in an apartment fire that broke out in a Bronx project building early Saturday, officials said.

The blaze engulfed a fifth floor apartment and smoke flooded the halls of the Gouverneur Morris Houses on Washington Ave. near E. 170th St. in Claremont Village around 1 a.m., according to authorities.

The fire was extinguished about 30 minutes later.

The blaze was quenched after about 30 minutes.

The blaze was quenched after about 30 minutes.

(Vic Nicastro/for New York Daily News)

Medics rushed the resident, who was trapped in the flames, to Lincoln Hospital in critical but stable condition.

Security guard saves boy, elderly woman trapped in Bronx fire

A firefighter who participated in the rescue effort was taken to North Central Bronx Hospital with minor injuries.

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

Top News


Show Buttons
Hide Buttons